Spend your summer honing your leadership skills at the European Study Center in Strasbourg, France!
This study abroad program is offered by the CEPA Foundation, a non-profit, family-run 501(c)3 organization.
This comprehensive semester program includes housing at the Chateau de Pourtales, an 18th Century French Chateau, courses and transcripts, group excursions to cultural sites and government and business institutions in France and Germany, daily breakfast and some group meals, a three-day visit to Zurich, Switzerland, AND MORE!
This summer, you will develop your leadership skills classes at both the European Study Center. This engaging and interactive study abroad program combines classroom instruction with high profile guest lectures, visits and excursions, as well as practical training elements in the area of goal finding, human rights, mediation, dispute resolution, social responsibility/peacebuilding, and intercultural negotiation skills to prepare students for their future careers goals to become leaders in a globalized world. Visit the website for course options and syllabi.
The Summer Leadership Program Fee includes:
- 6 US course credits (two 3-credit courses)
- Official transcripts and course registration
- Housing, excursions, daily breakfast, participation in European Study Center events
Housing and on-site Amenities:
During your summer program, you will reside at the Château de Pourtalès, an 18th Century French Chateau. The Chateau features many amenities including a french buffet-style breakfast served every morning, bikes available for student use, classrooms, lounges, a computer lab, wi-fi, a library, laundry facilities, and a student kitchen. There are recreational opportunities onsite, including tennis and volleyball courts, yoga classes, and a large park for exercise or relaxation (the Parc de Pourtalès).
- Dorm-style accommodation with shared rooms and bathrooms
- Coordinator and Chateau staff will provide personal support prior to, during, and after the program
- Wifi, computer lab, library, and free printing
- International calling using the on-site landline phone (no charge)
- 24/7 emergency assistance/staff on-call
- Welcome reception and group dinner at the start of the semester
- Delicious French breakfast buffet is included every day at the Château de Pourtalès
- Tarte flambeé group dinner
- Group dinner at a restaurant in Zurich
- Farewell group dinner at the end of the semester
Signature programs included in the ESC Strasbourg Summer Program:
- One group pick-up will be arranged for all students who arrive at Frankfurt International Airport on the official arrival day and time
- Public transportation pass for Strasbourg for the duration of the program
- All ground transfers for the official activities and excursions included in the program
- Participation in the Sustainable Leadership workshop at the University of Zurich
- Community volunteer and engagement opportunities at local organizations
- Yoga classes are offered once a week at the castle
- Professional development opportunities, visits to international businesses and intergovernmental organizations
- Visit the website to learn more about the features of this program!
Scholarships are available from the CEPA Foundation to students who qualify.
- The program is open to undergraduate students from an accredited, higher education institution.
- All courses are offered in English, there is no foreign language requirement.
- All majors are welcome to apply. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
Apply online and visit the program website: www.studyabroad-france.eu
Need help with your application? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Notes from
UNC Charlotte Education Abroad (EA)
Researching this Program
Many affiliate providers typically will only list minimal information in their brochure above within the EA database of approved programs as all current information is hosted on their website. Please use the links provided above to research the program information on the affiliate provider's website.
Affiliate Provider Programs
Check out our Affiliate Provider page
for more general information about what an affiliate provider is, the program and cost structure & more. Please note that the "Fact Sheet" listed above may list majors or minors under the "Areas of Study" parameter. It's important to understand that these are simply suggested
areas of study, which indicates that this program may
offer one or several courses within this discipline. Additionally, as course offerings can change often, the program may offer one or more courses within an area of study that is not listed in this section. Students should not rely solely on this "areas of study" section when determining whether or not a study abroad program is a good academic fit for them;
it is the student's responsibility to look at the specific list of courses offered by the host university (see below) to determine whether or not courses are available within their interests and/or area(s) of study.
Any student wishing to participate in an affiliate provider program is required to complete an additional application with the Office of Education Abroad in order to receive approval to participate in the program. Please visit our Application Process page
for more information. Note that students who do not receive approval from the EA to participate in the program will not receive academic credit, will not be able to access their financial aid or scholarships and will not have access to EA Services
Refer to our Academic Credit page
for more information on how students will be working with their academic departments to determine what UNC Charlotte equivalent course credit they will receive for the courses they take abroad.
It's important to understand the cost structure of an Affiliate Provider program
and to then research the estimated costs of each expense. Check out our Money Matters section
on our website to learn more about how financial aid works, search for scholarship opportunities and more.
For questions regarding policies & procedures for UNC Charlotte students going abroad, please visit the EA website
, contact UNC Charlotte Education Abroad at 704-687-7747 or email@example.com
. For questions regarding details of this particular affiliate provider program (e.g. program dates, course offerings, program fee, etc.), please contact the affiliate provider.